Restore Disaster Damage in Washington County, PA
Recover After Disaster Strikes in Washington, PA
Disaster Repair Services Available to Customers in Canonsburg, PA
• DEODERIZING SERVICE/ODOR REMOVAL
• TRAUMA/VANDALISM SITE RESTORATION
• EMERGENCY DEBRIS & TREE REMOVAL
• STRUCTURAL DRYING
• BOARD-UP SERVICE
• PACK-OUT & STORAGE SERVICE
• DRYWALL REPLACEMENT
• WIND/HAIL DAMAGE
How to Handle Fire Damage to Mon Valley, PA Homes or Businesses
When your Mon Valley, PA home or business is damaged by fire, it can be hard to know what to do first. When you call ServiceMaster by Just in Time from Mon Valley to help you with your restoration efforts, we can advise you on exactly what to do to prepare for our team to come in. Here are some of the tips we recommend for faster, easier restoration:
- Call ServiceMaster by Just in Time immediately
- Air out your home by opening windows and doors to reduce smoke odor if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Clean formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over important documents to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages that may have been contaminated
- Clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open if the electricity is off.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.
- Touch anything. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
- Attempt to clean carpets or upholstery furniture.
- Attempt to use electrical appliances before having them checked.
- Use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.